Hiring for the following Location(s):
Responsible for the assigned activities of the sports team or organization as directed by the GM or Commissioner, the SID oversees the day to day social media and supports the GM in maintaining the operation of the team and staff. SID will sometimes serve as the team's spokesperson for media briefings. Coordinate special events (i.e. game day logistics), vendors and including staff/volunteers. SID are also occasionally in charge of keeping everyone on schedule, staff,team's training and marketing campaigns. SID is required to travel for representing the organization and traveling with the team. SID will be required to attend all company training primarily via zoom,unless otherwise directed by Head or Assistant Commissioner. SID will shadow the day to day operations with the GM, coaching staff, both head coach, assistant coaches, to assist in the scouting and recruitment of graduating high school prospects. SID will be the supporting special project as assigned and report on its progress. SID requires a high energy level and positive attitude. Willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays (as required). Extremely motivated to succeed. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines. Building community/business relationships and sponsorship opportunities.
Educational Requirements: Must be a College/University Junior, Senior or Graduate Level Students who are studying/pursuing a career in Sports Business/Sports Management/Exercise Science or similar area of study
Internship length: 16 months Start Date: September 2022 thru December 2023
Skills required: Must be able to use and manage CRM, Adobe, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, email, excellent communication
Assist in General Duties included but not limited to:
● Will be supported, work directly and advised by the General Manager ,Assistant Commissioner,Commissioner , you will communicate the day to day social media updates or media needs of the organization,support staff, players, game,all things .
● Will work with the Academic Advisor to ensure student success and transfer eligibility in accordance to NCAA,NCIA, policies
● Assist the day to day operations within the organization of social media & website updates, players coaching, staff, recruiting, team needs
● Help support the logistics for all 11 team league games along with the assistance of the GM, the team coaching staff, athletic trainers (i.e. fields, uniforms, equipment, transportation,EMT, etc.)
● Collaborate with teams support staff Athletic Trainers, Nutritionist, Doctor/Physician Assistant
● Assist in calls and confirming staff/volunteers for “game day logistics, travel and confirmation of schedule fields (practice & game)
● Submit any monthly expense reports (travel expenses, office supply, etc.) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Background in Athletic personnel management preferred.
● Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations preferred.
● Perform other duties as assigned
● Historical Outlook/Stats for teams & players
● Maintain Website, Huddl
● YouTube RMPC TV
● Post updates all Social media platforms
● Follow Blueprint for supporting Host Families & Housing
● Shadow and train with the GM as you transition in last semester of internship upon approval to move into the General Manager position
● Collaborate with Academic Advisor to monitor student athletes; on track and maintain transfer status in accordance to NCAA,NCIA rules and the specificity dictated by the students intended College/University, Technical or Trade School.
● Arrange study hall opportunities
We seek to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious interns & staff who take initiative, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, program/organization. Rocky Mountain Prep Conference is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action organization; the Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment. Rocky Mount Prep Conference, does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by any federal, state or local law.