What is a Host Family?
A host family is a family that volunteers to open their home and help enrich the life of an athlete by giving them a home while they further their education and pursue their passion for football. As a host family the following requirements are needed:
- Host parents are 25 years or older
- Provide a safe home environment for up to 6 months
- Have their own bedroom or a shared bedroom with a teammate
- Assistance in coordinating and/or providing proper transportation
- Providing three meals a day
The Perks of Being a Host Family
The greatest joys of becoming a host family are:
- You are able to assist an athlete in pursuing their lifelong dream
- You build a lifetime relationship that creates a lasting legacy
- Both your family and the athlete will enjoy creating new memories not just at football games. But, also out in your community.
- Any teammate that hosts another player will receive a $1000 off of their registration fee
- Clean and safe living environment
- Three meals per day
- Utilities and internet
- Household toiletries
- Reasonable Curfew
- Appropriate transportation
- Personal toiletries
- Phone plan
- Insurance coverage
- Any additional food or snacks
No one wants to be in shock. So, prepare your family beforehand by talking about sharing your home as well as family traditions with your new addition to the family. You could also make it fun by having your family decorate the athletes room. Give it a personal touch. Make it welcoming. You can make a family calendar of events such as; family birthdays, games, bbq’s, hikes, game and movie nights. Make it exciting.
Come be a Part of the Life Changed Forever
By being a part of the Rocky Mountain Prep Conference you will build a family legacy that will last a lifetime. Your home and hearts will never be forgotten. Come make a difference in the life that will forever be changed.